THE PATTERN PAGES
TYPES OF PATTERNS
|Patterns: What They Look Like, How They Act|
NOTE!! - The goal here is not to pigeon-hole other people, but to understand. We hope this information will not become a weapon for fingerpointing or blame.
Please always remember that in the process of healing ourselves and our relationships, we must separate the pattern acting out from the person, both in ourselves and in others.
Also, it's really easy to identify other people's patterns. The hard part is identifying our own.
Please keep these things in mind as you read the following pages. This list is constantly a work in progress...
- Power Patterns - Impactor, Controller, Dominator, Shark
- Powerless Patterns - Victim, Little Match Girl, Doormat
- Need Patterns - Co-Dependent, Lone Ranger, Push-me/Pull-You
- Guilt and Blame - The Double Sided Coin
- Fear Patterns - Worra Worra, Paranoia, False Consciousness
- Judging Patterns - Superiority, Better-than / Less-than
- Self-Hate / Self-Destructive Patterns
Patterns of Abuse
How to Recognize The Serial Bully
Dealing with Manipulative People